Agostino DI GIORGIO , Prof.
Nachgestellte(r) Titel: Prof.
Tätigkeitsbereich: Gitarre, Jazz/Pop
Senior Lecturer Jazz Gitarre
Agostino Di Giorgio Is an International Jazz guitar artist founded in New york school Tradition , and is considered to be both an original voice and innovator of Jazz guitar. His Playing and teaching has influenced already a generation of jazz guitarists. since 2005 Holds Professorship at Landes Konservatorium (Now GMPU since 2019) in Klagenfurt Austria. He teach Jazz guitar, Jazz Theory and Improvisation, Jazz history, special Didactic classes and research projects.
- invited to Lecture and attain Master class at Conservatories and private music schools throughout Italy, Austria, France, Switzerland, Germany , Hungary, Slovenia, Croatia and the Ukraine.
- served as assistant teacher with Master Guitarist Chuck Wayne in the New york Area and to Barry Harris in Europe.
- Constituting a foundation in the tradition and science of jazz art form, on the foundations of Chuck Wayne and Barry Harris teaching.
- influencing a generation of musicians by direct intense teaching.
- Musicians who in their own right gained recognition as Conservatory professors, professional musicians, performing artists and some true exceptional virtuoso's of our time who have received various accolades on an international level.
- An extensive teaching experience, constituted a Conservatory Method for Modern Plectrum Guitar. jazz Harmony, Theory , improvisation is for all instrumentalists and specially designed for the training of future TEACHERS ( IGP )
As a band leader Di Giorgio performs primarily as a band leader active on the European jazz scene, playing clubs and festivals and recording.
some musicians he has performed or recorded with include: Chuck Wayne, Barry Harris, Kirk Lightsey, Andras Mohay, Vince Benedetti, Tony Castellano, Tardo Hammer,Tom Kirkpatrick, Kálmán Oláh, Roby Lakatos, Gabor Bolla, Jimmy Cobb, , Ron Seguin, Ari Roland, Renato Chicco, Rob Bargad, Massimo Urbani, Calvin Hill, Bob Mover, Tony Scott, Luigi Grasso, Pasquale Grasso, Ole and Kristen Jorgenson, Jens Sondergard, and others.
Agostino Di Giorgio has been the recipient of the following awards in Italy:
- Winner of the Eddie Lang National Jazz Guitar Competition 1992
- 1st classification in the guitar section of the Premio Urbani Jazz Competition 1997
- Best soloist in the Stefano Cerri International Jazz Competition 2001
In addition, to Agostino's Musicianship and Educative efforts, his sensitivity has been also targeted to the "furthering development "of the Modern guitar. As a student of Lutherie he has collaboration with international guitar builders, contributing in design, also of pickups , Amplifiers, and strings, aiming at the higher nuances in sound and performance for the ever evolving instrument Called "guitar".
**Primary discography: **
Recordings as a leader:
- AD 2000 Agostino Di Giorgio Quartet (Fono Records) 2000
- Pulling Strings duo with Canadian bassist Ron Seguin ( Fono Records) 2001
- The Path Agostino Di Giorgio trio featuring Kirk Lightsey ( Fono Records) 2001
Recordings with others:
- Manuela Pasqui/Agostino Di Giorgio Green Tara 2018
- Alberta Clipper with The Chuck Wayne-Tom Butts Quintet 1994
- Marco Guitars compilation CD promoting Swiss Guitar Builder 2003
- Tenderly Yours with Irene Oliver 1992
Upcoming releases :
- Agostino Di Giorgio Trio One set live 2018